Sunday, November 11, 2012

tender mercies.

Elder David A. Bednar came to talk at our stake conference.
That kind of opportunity only comes once in a life time!
I WAS THREE ROWS AWAY FROM AN APOSTLE OF GOD!!!!
I was sitting directly in front of him too.
pretty cool i know.

He talked about this story of a man who had been diagnosed with a very agrresive kind of bone cancer three weeks before his marriage. And he was told he had an 80% chance of dying within the next 18 months. after a couple months his mother asked him to write him a little note just to cheer him up. Elder Bednar decided to visit his wife and him in the hospital instead.

When he visited they talked and had a good time. when they were about to conclude their conversation he asked Elder Bednar for a blessing. He of course said yes. Elder Bednar said that he was impressed to tell the man something. something that he had never told anyone before. he asked the man if he had the faith to not be healed.          let me repeat that.


"Do you have the faith to not be healed?"

I don't exactly remember the rest of the story but that one line stuck out to me.
Do you have the faith to not be healed?
Sometimes we just have to put our faith in Heavanly Father that he will do whatever is best for us at the right time. 

We just need to have faith in God's will.

Lately I feel like Heavanly Father has been giving me messages that I personally need. Like a lot.
It's good to know that he cares for me and see's my struggles.
He's trying to make burdens light.
OHHH!
one more quote from Elder Bednar



"Heavanly Father does not take away your burdens. He only makes them lighter, by making you stronger."

No comments:

Post a Comment